Saturday 2 June 2007

Surmations

No, I'm not sure if thats a word.

Last september I left my home in Inverness for Glasgow in search of hard projects. Now, I'm back in Inverness, it's time to re-adjust to cooked meals and a double bed. But first I think a few reflections on the past months. As with everything, things seemed to have occured with good thing having a complementary bad thing so I've tried to twin them together in hope of a humerous effect:

plus: Meeting loads of psyched climberscat Ibrox
minus: Finding out that they're all wall rats!!

plus: Dumby
minus: every other crag in the lowlands

plus: Climbing Sufferance
minus: trying to climb sufference in shit freezing weather

Minus: running out of money to go to the Ibrox
Plus: Saving money by going to dumby
Minus: the weather being 10 times worse at dumby than at the wall
Plus: a handful of nice evenings.

Plus: 2 cakes for a pound at the co-op near Dumby
Minus: the day the offer went away.

Plus: sleeping in a cave on the Cobbler
Minus: not getting to sleep in a cave on the Cobbler

Plus: Glen Coe!
Minus: Tunnel wall epic

Plus: Stanage
Minus: Rain

Plus: the Auchy - Dumby Double
Minus: Taking 3 hours to find Auchy

Plus: Julian Lines Lecture
Minus: catching the last bus back to glasgow afterwards with a weegie drunk

Plus: Doing all the moves of my flat traverse
Minus: Failing to link it on my last day in Glasgow.

Plus: Dumby Banter with Danny, Simon, Dave Mac, John, Peter, Stewart, Stewart, Ross H, the neds, others...
Minus: Ibrox banter with people more psyched for going round and round the 45 board than hard projects.

Plus: Going to the pub with danny after hard dumby sesh
Minus: Getting wasted after 3 pints!

Plus: Mike - "Fuck it - I'm not gonna do it..."
Minus: Dave Mac - "That's not an E11 quote!"

Plus: Getting Stew Brown Psyched!!
Minus: None

I'm sure there were plenty other highlights and lowlights but my mum is wanting me to help in the garden - moving railway sleepers to make a wall of sorts I believe. Could be good training?

Also if anyone knows of any good jobs going for a young man like myself in inverness - drop me a comment please!

Also, I don't seem to have a driving liscense yet and my regular partner up here has gone to ceuse for the summer, so, am looking to make a few new buds in Inverness s'long as they have a car - drop a comment!!!

Gotta Go BYEEE!

3 comments:

donald said...

Hey mike i passed my driving test last wednesday so i can go places to climb and like you i seem to be currently unemployed so can do practically any day! Give me a text 07803129366

Mike said...

This is excellent news. I'm on my way to send you a text just as soon as I post this...

Stewart B said...

Plus: Getting Stew Brown Psyched!!
Minus: None

Awww, cheers Mike.
Stew