Friday 12 September 2008

Back to Bouldering



Pics from Richies flickr...

Last night was bouldering with Richie is his new van (nice!!). I'd come quite close to a line on knifewound wall before heading to Portugal and was really psyched to do it before going back to uni. I was concerned that I would have lost some crimping strength after arsing around on jugs for 2 weeks. There's still no path to the wall, but to my mind it's the best spot for hard bouldering in the area. I couldn't pull off the ground on Wooden Nickles, but that was maybe because I hadn't warmed up. We tried a counter diagonal line to knifewound, another project for the future.

The line I wanted to try consisted of a small mid height roof, one properly tiny crimp and an funky hanging arete to finish. It's great, if a little sharp. And hard, i think... yeh, hard... err.

It something went like this:

"Richie, can you work out the start moves for me, i'm struggling to get a sequence"
"Sure Mike I'll see what I can do"
"Gee, thanks Rich!"
...
"I can't work out what to do..."
"Ah... will I show you what I've got so far?"
"Yes please"
...
"Was that it? Did I actually start from the start??"
"Err yeah, nice one"
"Ah, good."

It was like that on the thing at Farr, I couldn't remember actually starting the problem. Or any of the moves, but, must've done them, you know... how else did I get here? Weird.

The Settler, Font 7C, maybe 7C+, but probably 7C.

2 comments:

JS Watson said...

good effort youth, that wall looks like it needs a photo topo for the Inverness guide! when you back in Glasgow?

is that crimp likely to snap if I pull on it?

Mike said...

Whats up Watson?

Cool, yeah still ~2 more lines to do on the wall before then. Back in glasgow next week.

The crimp is good, can't see it snapping. more likely is your skin wearing through, unfortunately.