Friday 6 July 2007

Waily waily waily

Bad news. I have a job, driving lessons and also am tutoring. All this equals less time for climbing and seeing Cath, add that to the shittiest weather ever and you've got a very miserable situation.
But it gets worse - I managed to sneak a lift of my mum out to dunty for a boulder sesh with Edd (doesn't sound too bad? well read on...). I managed nothing - couldn't repeat the Dagger, which is now definatly back up to V6. Did a new problem but it sucks and is dangerous as donuts. Note to Rich: its the slopey ramp/arete between the dagger and the warm up. Call it: The Rope, grade it: V3. Tried the left arete project but couldn't top out. This sucks - its the same top out as the Dagger which I flashed!! Curses!! Couldn't remember how to do it. I hurt my hand too. We were getting midged and Edd was struggling to send anything, we decided to bugger off. As we packed up - here comes the worst bit - I dropped my phone down a void between too boulders. Managed to fish it out, but it was soaked and seriously wonky. We were screwed. Couldn't phone for a lift home so we decided to walk.

It started raining. Heavily. Eventually we made it to Dunlichity House (an excellent looking 4 star hotel with superb outlooks and very friendly - well worth a visit if your in the area) where a kind woman leant us a phone. We thanked her very much and waited for my mum to arrive by hiding under a tree to keep "dry".

So my phone is broken :( untill further notice. phone my house - 01463 242001 or drop a comment...

Anna and I, My dad, Edd, Calum and Rich went to Dunty early this week. I led Dracula (which has ferns growing in it - its a classic! Why does it not get climbed???) for my first time which was really fun as I only had 3 cams! Anna 2nded smoothly then Edd and calum tried to top rope it which resulted in kamakazee swings! Went to pinnicle for a bit after. Only really put this on because Anna was desperate for a mention.... Oh and a big shout out to Dad's Jen who complained she didn't hasn't got a mention. Hi.

Where is the sun?

3 comments:

Richie Betts said...

Sounds epic! I did knife wound yesterday evening and cleaned a few other bits, including the top of the dagger block. Lee did a good dyno on the steep wall too. Weather is truly wack though.

Anonymous said...

good effort on dracula, think it looks awesome!

52 epoints now

Stewart B said...

The sun does not exist anymore! I'm in Applecross now and everyday I've been rained on to this point. So much for climbing along the way....