Monday 9 July 2007

Doom and Gloom

My mood is not brilliant. The day I start work is the first day of sunny weather in living memory. Its not that I mind helping customers by providing a conclusive sales service, today I just felt tired afterwards. This was not help by a boring wall sesh this evening. I tried helping my bro and a couple of his mates by providing a mike lee masterclass. I sorta wondered how someone like Mr Muir can devote so much time to helping kids. I am always tooo psyched for the climbs I'm involved with to give tips on a V1. Dunno if that's elitist or selfish or just psyched - I enjoy climbing rock, not so much watching others. But I've found if your really tired and lack psyche is good to explain the wonderous drop knee or whatever, definatly picks the psyche up a bit.


Yesterday Rich and I went to Glen Nevis where we got (very) wet and 3 ticks (2 boulder problems and Edgehog). We bailed just after 3pm to the sunny Ruthven boulder where Rich had a go at everything, though the big 3 (razor's edge V7, Barry Manilow V6, and the Big Lobowski V6) remain for him to do. The Project still remains; estimated grade - V10; total number of moves done - 2; estimated number of moves at 6b or above - 7. Very hard indeed if you ask me.
Mazie Gun at Glen Nevis. The flash was on, then it was off (because I fell).
This is the steep back wall of the same boulder. Does anyone know name/grade?
Rich flashed Night Moves at Ruthven. Dunno how... I havn't been able to do it since doing it.

1 comment:

caldamac said...

Got those pics of khaiser ice-climbing on ben nevis?

Calum