Friday 23 March 2007

Hello good climbing friends

This blog was set up so I can keep my fans satisfied with news and pic's of my latest climbing adventures!

Todays adventure was a trip to brin. I don't drive or have a car so I had to cycle out there with a bouldermat which was not fun as the road seems to have the unique quality of being up hill both ways.

Once there, I found Ben's newly opened line 'put my new shoes on' which he gave a mighty font 7c. All I had for in the way of beta was a memory of an enthusiastic Ben standing on one leg with heels and hands slapping imaginery holds... This wasn't much use and had to work the problem from scratch. I was a little scared to use the heel hook method as I only had one small mat and no spotter to stop me crashing into the rocks. Also I can't afford a new pair of shoes so the problem was attempted with feet low down. After about 2 hours of trying I agreed that this problem was definately very hard (for me), and certainly harder than first appears. I also spyied a tricky sit start beneath the 'new shoes' rail from an undercling and pinscar crack. This is desperate and too hard for me at the moment...

After this I trekked through the moss to the classic 'Brin done before' prow. The top slopers of this arn't so good when no ones there to spot you. The ground feels a long away down. The tree behind you is then gained by a thank god branch.

So, no ticks so far. This place is more hard core than I remembered... So I try my own, brilliantly (haha) named 'cantthinkofaname'. I'm please to say it looks like its had a better brush than I remember giving it on the first ascent. And I still dont understand font grades....

So with skin being particularly sore I made by way back to my bike and the up hill slog back to Inverness, the tyers melting into the tarmac, any gust of wind halting my progress with the drag on the mat on my back...

I need to learn to drive.

2 comments:

donald said...

Hey mike - awesome blog man! Paricularly liked when you refered to your 'fans'!
Get some video on from today would be good...

Mike said...

Donald, glad you like the blog. Remember the video is the capable though somewhat slow hands of nic. I could be years before we see the footage...