Thursday 3 January 2008

Winter Sessions - Third and Final Part

Happy New Year

Been climbing a bit recently, Danny and Stew were up for the first annual Brin winter session which went really well I think... except for Ben who woke up with serious man flu. Good turn out - 7 people!! and we all had a good time running around the forest doing some problems though top outs were mostly wet, yuck. I did a hard new problem - the Guillotine sit start which Dave the Budda pointed out to me a while back... It felt desperate but it also felt like I didn't do the easiest sequence and a hold was running with water, so think its V7? The, "If in doubt - footless" philosophy seemed to work pretty well. We also brushed up perhaps the best line in the forest (ergo the world??)... Won't give too much away but think Archangel on Stanage, only better.

Had a good New Year but I'm a bit of a light weight and couldn't hold down 4 and a half pints!! Oh dear... Maybe better luck next year?

Went to Am fasgadh yesterday with a few people. It was very cold and wintry which made for good friction but hard to feel anything with hands like ice cubes. I did a 7c 2nd go of the day though been on it about a year ago.

Today went to Moy Rock today with Jamie, who's sport climbings most recent convert. Didn't really do anything though tried the Seer but it seemed too hard for my cold fingers.

Now I have to go revise!! Exams start on Monday wahhhh...

No comments: