Thursday 17 January 2008

Video from Richie

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3019316677662772719&hl=en-GB

Richie Betts just sent me this link to a short clip he took of a climb at Duntelchaig last summer. It's an Ian Taylor route from a few years ago, but since then a jug and a peg have fallen off and leaves a protectionless boulder problem to a juggy rail with an ok micro wire. From here it's a scary and hard move to the top. Since the jug has gone, no one's climbed it, except for a man in his late 40s who was doing laps on it, according to one local... hmm...

Anyway, it got me psyched for climbing at home and took me away from horrible revision. I have two exams tomorrow and I'm not confident on either of them. It was nice to remember a time when getting eating by midges was my only concern, and I lay in bed at night thinking about nothing but climbing, individual holds and doing hard moves. But now I'm going to force myself back to studying, I feel I'm under some pressure to pass - not least because resits clash with a DWS trip to Portugal!!

No comments: