Sunday 9 September 2007

Peak review

Long time coming, I cant really be arsed writing this but I'm pretty bored.

Good things about the peak:

- Gritstone
- Soloing
- The Banter
- Pub Meals
- Bouldering four V8's
- Shit load of other bouldering
- E4 onsight
- Archangel!!
- The Rasp
- Soloing the Asp
- A few health falls for increased confidence
- Meeting some good bumblies at Stanage and local's at Higgar
- Strange Dave
- Attempting Deliverance (One to go back for)
- Outside
- Frisby
- My Birthday
- Bridge
- Frijj
- The [Crap] Road to [Boredom] 100 e points [the worst game you'll ever play!] (a board game I made up)(title rubbished by Danny Laing)

Bad things about the Peak:

- The Rain
- Waiting 2.5 days for some skin only to start bleeding again after one boulder problem.
- No skin, ever.
- Walking, everywhere, twice, everyday.
- Losing Wallet (found by a nice woman)
- Lack of 'abundant climbing' feeling (due to weather and no skin)
- Count's Buttress
- Bumblies
- Pasta

Some Pics:

The Rasp, E2


Millstone


Stanage


Simon

Owen

The depressing weather in the first week led to some awesome poetry. Here's a taste:

Rain

Rain, rain, your such a pain,

I rather wish I'd gone to Spain.

Or anywhere just not here,

Because it seems to just rain all year.

I like to climb in the sun,

But it only rains, its not much fun.

My feet are wet, my clothes are damp,

And the people won't let us stay and camp

Rain... Rain... Rain...

The Biscuits here are really nice,

But the past gets boring, so does the rice.

Our tent is full of bugs and stuff,

Camping here is really rough.

The beer is flat, our mouths are dry,

Sometimes I want to cry

Cry... Cry... :'(

By Danny Laing

*

I'm a Bumbly

I'm a Bumbly! I'm a Bumbly!

From the Popular End!

I can't do high step up,

For my knees, they don't bend!

I have a red helmut!

and hexes galore!

But when I try a server,

I can't get off the floor!

I dream one day,

To climb a V Diff onsight!

Last time I tried,

I had to back off in fright!

I'm a Bumbly! I'm a Bumbly!

I can't climb for shit

Try as I might,

I look like a tit.

By Mike and Danny

Back in Inverness my skin has yet to fully recover. My hands always smell sweetly due to the Norwegian Formula hand cream. This hasn't stopped me and my best bud Ben attempting the Brin roof Project. It's a beast. Last move is a brittish 6c campus! nasty.

Anyway I'm for a jam sesh with my wee bro. Steel string guitars are good for the skin aye??

3 comments:

Freudy said...

Hey Mikey,

Good to hear about ur efforts in the peak... STRONG WORK!

Thought i'd just pester u with some e-league breaking news, sky sports sty-lee. This just in.. did "Anne Boleyn's crack" and "Eave" at Dun-T the other morn to bolster my points to the grand ol' total of !!!SIX!!!
Hoo-YA!

I know they're short and sweet but, hey, so am I :)

Also tried Dracula in a hope of putting some space between me and that Karen chick (any chance of a photo that could take centre place on my dartboard at the mo?? i'm sure she's a nice lass 'n all but it's dog eat dog in the e-league my friend!) but only got halfway along the roof :(

Anyhoo.. hope the fingers are healin up nicely and you send that brin profect all the way down into the seven depths of hell sooner than later, if you get bored i'm workin at the wall all week from 3-8 pop in and say hi.

Later dude

Stewart B said...

Hahahah,

Karen's my ex and one of my climbing partners - there should be a photo or 2 on my blog if you want one. Her last name is McIntyre if you want to add that to the list Mike.

I see you've sent the project Mike? Nicely done :)

See you in Glasgow soon,
Stewy

Anonymous said...

Nice review, i realised i havnt updated my epoint status - its 90 now for me
Hopefully catch up with u guys soon
cheers simon