Thursday 4 March 2010

February

The Start of the month was pretty good if I remember. I went through a rare psyched patch at dumby and got that lip traverse, Le Tour de Technique (must've thought I was in France). By psyched, I mean psyched for something specific, which is what was rare... Anyway, had a few sessions on somethings... I like the consolidated wall quite a lot now. I picked up litter at Dumby and found 2 umbrellas. Leaving Dumby clean as a whistle was pretty good, but the very next day there had been a party in Firestarter cave meaning more litter. That day, I tried to climb stuff but found my ankle got sore. Since then I've been playing badminton with Dan and Ping Pong with Nic, but most of all I was working at uni.

Sometimes I get really psyched to do something at dumby, like Le tour de technique, and at these times I've dropped lectures and stuff to get it done. But most of the time at Dumby I'm happy doing not much, eating scotch eggs, climbing whatever. I've no motivation to get a project because I know I won't get up it. I'm a very motivation dependant person and really struggle to force myself to do things, especially at dumby where I find it easy to take stuff for granted. But the trade off for that is when I am motivated for something it seems to go quite well. Shrug. I hope I don't regret not trying when I grow up, but hopefully I wont forget who I was just now. Message for me when I'm older: "hello, sorry I didn't really try, but I couldn't be arsed!"

No comments: