Wednesday 13 January 2010

Christmas and New Year

Got a bit of climbing in over the Christmas hols around Inverness. With the snow, options were limited for rock climbing I think I did ok considering.

Headed to Brin a few times, with all the snow it was great fun to begin with, following deer and rabbit tracks around the wood and sledging down the hill on pads. It was pretty cold though. I got one good tick - Pitbull 7B+, a Dave Redpath problem from a while ago. A vid is here which also shows snow going into my wellies from crossing the treacherous field. Here's a not so good video of a different trip to brin. Enjoy... well, I say enjoy...





I think I had fun that day despite not really climbing. Just brushed up the problem which turned out to be too hard for me. Then went home. err

Another place I went was Am Fasgadh which probably has been one of the most popular Scottish crags over the past few weeks. Some of the routes were seeping and there was a risk of being impaled by fallen icicles, but apart from that, it was good fun.

Back in Glasgow now and here's a taste of life in my flat:

No comments: